Smith, Carney & Co., p.c. CPAs
Smith, Carney & Co. ("SCC") was founded in 1984 by six former principals of a "Big 8" accounting firm. The firm's purpose was and is to provide high-level tax and accounting services to a diversified base of clients located in Oklahoma City and communities throughout Oklahoma, as well as the surrounding states. To enable us to better serve our clients, we opened an office in Ardmore, Oklahoma in October 2000.
Using over 136 years of accumulated knowledge, SCC's principals, together with an able staff, assist clients in minimizing taxes and planning for their retirement and estates. Extensive and practical experience in both accounting and tax compliance offers clients the benefit of our business experience, while high-level tax advisory services help minimize taxes to retain profits.
Our firm is a member of the SEC Section of the AICPA Division for Firms, which includes regular peer review. In pursuit of excellence, Smith, Carney & Co. maintains active membership in many professional societies, including:
- SEC Practice Section of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Oklahoma Bankers' Association
- Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association
- Oklahoma Association of General Contractors
- Oklahoma City, Edmond and Ardmore Chamber of Commerce
- OKC Estate Planning Council