Piedmont Middle School
The town of Piedmont was originally homesteaded by Mr. James Dean, who had made the Unassigned Land Run of April 22, 1889. After his death in 1899, the farm became the property of Dr. E.H. Long, who was both a medical doctor and an attorney. In 1903, Dr. Long had a quarter-section of land laid out for a townsite. On November 6, 1903, the local newspaper reported, "The townsite of Piedmont is one of the prettiest in Oklahoma. The town is laid off on smooth but gently sloping ground, with the best residence portion considerably higher than the business district; and from the higher ground a splendid view can be had of the valley farms away to the southward. No more beautiful location for a town can be found anywhere."